Knights one step closer to league championship

Josh Brown

Jonah Crespi plays defense against a Fossil Ridge guard.

Jakob Olsen, Staff Reporter
February 1, 2012

The Knights entered the Dungeon late Tuesday night expecting a tough game from conference foe and co-leader in the Front Range League, Fossil Ridge.  Instead the they blew them out.

Coming into the game the Knights were ranked 6th and Fossil was ranked 12th in the state.

The first half started with physical play by both teams. The game was very physical as a flagrant foul was called on Fossil Ridge as one of their players tackled senior guard Holden Killeen on his way up for a lay up late in the first half.

As a full student section for Fairview roared, the Knights finished the first half strong and went into the half up by eight points. Junior point guard, Brent Wrapp led the scoring for the Knights in the first half.

FHS came out in the third quarter as they have all season and just dominated. The Knights outscored the SaberCats 28-15.  The Knights were fueled by strong defensive play from senior Shane O’Neill leading to easy transition buckets.  O’Neill had an explosive series of plays that included several steals a dunk and an assist to senior Jonah Crespi for a three-pointer.

The fourth started as the third ended.  The Knights continued to stay hot from the floor scoring 23 in the fourth.  Four Knights scored in double digits, and they were led by Wrapp with 19 points.  Crespi had 17 points, Killeen added 16, and Shane O’Neill had 14.

Fairview now holds sole possession in the Front Range League, and next takes on Legacy tomorrow at home at 6:30.

Comments