• October 29, 2014

• Parent-Teacher Conferences Oct. 8th and 9th October 5, 2014

• Fairview Ultimate beats Boulder High 15-12 October 3, 2014

Knights fall to Mountain Vista

Josh Brown

Caleb Pykkonen takes a jumper against Boulder

Jakob Olsen, Staff Reporter

Tuesday night the Knights magical season came to an exciting, yet disappointing end in a four point loss to Mountain Vista.

Mountain Vista came out hot from the field and finished the game the same way, shooting 56% from the field.  Eric Nevins led the way for Vista with 19 points in the contest.

It was a slow start for the Knights as they went into half down by 18 points and shooting a dismal percentage from the field.

The halftime pep talk worked as the Knights heated up in the second half. Senior Shane O’Neill led the way for the Knights scoring 29 in the game while also playing stifling defense.

Midway through the fourth quarter the Knights cut Vista’s lead down to four and looked to be on the comeback trail.  However, with missed layups and free throws the Knights couldn’t get over the hump and with the final seconds ticking off the clock the game became out of reach.

Mountain Vista beat the Knights 78-74.  As the Student section from Vista stormed the Dungeon court Fairview fans and players stood in shock as their 23 game win streak as well as their season came to an end.

The Knights didn’t dissapoint.  They were the number one seed in the state tourney for the second time in four years and brought Fairview fans a ton of excitement throughout the season.

Comments