Not So Silent Knight… of Transition

Charlie Wenig, Staff Reporter

Transitioning from middle school to high school can be a difficult and confusing process. Luckily, administration at Fairview is here to help 8th graders go through the process smoothly, beginning with the Knight of Transition.

Knight of Transition is a presentation and activities fair in late winter for the incoming freshmen. Rising freshmen from different middle schools to learn about what’s to come in the next four years in terms of extracurricular activities.

At Knight of Transition, current students come and represent their sports and clubs to show incoming freshmen what student life is like.

“My high school didn’t have something like this and I wish it did,” said Sarah DiGiacomo, assistant principal and head of scheduling. “We want to make sure that the students are there representing their clubs, activities or departments and walking around the hall and helping people find things, and that’s why we always bring in our student leaders to help us out.”

Knight of Transition is a time for incoming students to learn about Fairview, but it’s also a time for current students to show what they are passionate about to a new group of people.

DiGiacamo said, “I think it’s really authentic and I learn so much from our own students when they’re talking [to the parents] so when the parents ask them questions, our students just answer honestly.”