Independent News about Fairview and the World

The Royal Banner

The Royal Banner

The Royal Banner

A Definitive Ranking of All 14 Papas Games

Homepage of papa’s game

Sitting in the elementary school computer lab there was nothing better to do than get onto Cool Math Games, maybe playing some “Run” or “Fireboy and Watergirl.” 

But arguably the best games from this era were the Papas Games. There are 14 versions of these bright colorful restaurant games where customers come in and order complex foods that you need to make. They are unique time management games where you get to decorate and upgrade your shop, make yummy food, and see unique customers. With so many games to choose from, everyone is bound to have a favorite, but this is the only correct ranking.

14. Papa’s Donuteria

Set in an amusement park, the character makes and decorates donuts for hungry customers. However, you have to bake three donuts simultaneously, and flipping them halfway increases stress unnecessarily. The donuts are also nearly impossible to decorate and make them look good. Overall it feels like they ran out of ideas and had to keep coming up with games.

13. Papa’s Taco Mia

This game is very nostalgic, but that’s not enough to save it from boring gameplay. The game begins with a taco-eating contest where the winner gets to start working at Papa Louie’s newest restaurant. The graphics don’t look amazing and nothing super interesting happens. Also, there are only three food stations, and I feel like they could have been more creative. The food looks pretty yummy though. The idea is cute but could have been executed better.

12. Papa’s Pizzeria

This was the first game of the series and came out in 2007. This one holds a special place in my heart because of how much I played it when I was younger. But it’s pretty clear that it was the first one out, all the toppings are unlocked on day two and the gameplay is pretty simple. There is no shop to buy upgrades and the graphics honestly suck. However, it’s such a classic that I still kind of love it.

11. Papa’s Pastaria

The beginning of the game shows the character getting invited to a wedding and then accidentally getting hired to work at Papa’s Pastaria. I think the wedding theme and the holidays are super fun in this game but adding an entire dining room and server makes the game super complicated. The process of making the pasta is tedious and it’s a hard game to just relax while playing. Making bread is fun though.

10. Papa’s Scooperia

This game just never stood out to me that much. I think the name is misleading (most of the game is making cookies), and it’s kind of a boring premise, but it is cute. You make cookies, put ice cream on the cookies, and then decorate it. My favorite part of this game is the location, the big city of Oniontown adds a fun spin to the story. Overall there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just nothing special.

9. Papa’s Bakeria

I love the illustrations in this game and I think it’s very cute. The beginning sequence shows the character applying for his dream job but when he shows up the business is closed, Papa Louie shows up and gets him to work at Papa’s Bakeria. The pie graphics are top tier and the process is fun to do. My only issue with this game is how long it takes for things to bake, and I’m also not a big fan of the mall setting.

8. Papa’s Pancakeria

This game focuses on making pancakes and eventually drinks. My favorite part of this game has to be the dog or cat that sits on the counter and hangs out with you. The beginning shows the character losing his pet and having to drive up Maple Mountain to one of Papa Louie’s restaurants and getting left there to work. The decorations and overall vibe of this game are perfect and the gameplay is fun. There is also a whole new station that gets unlocked on level 15.

7. Papa’s Sushiria

This game’s graphics and look are perfect and are a fun contrast to most other games. The restaurant is located in a beautiful garden and the outfits that you wear are cool. There is a lot of stuff to do but all the multitasking that is possible easily makes up for that. You also get to make boba which is super fun and unique.

6. Papa’s Burgeria

This is the only game in the series that you get to play as Papa Louie himself which just adds something special. Unfortunately, that’s one of the only interesting things about this game. It’s the first Papa’s game to have a stacking aspect but it’s still not amazing. With fairly simple gameplay it’s just a fun and relaxing classic if not a bit boring.

5. Papa’s Wingeria

This game is set in a casino town called Starlight City, where the character accidentally wins the restaurant. I think the setting is really fun in this game and the symmetry of the plates is so nice. The minigames are top tier and the decorations for the parlor are great.

4. Papa’s Cheeseria

Set in a town that looks like Santa Fe the character makes grilled cheeses and fries. I love grilled cheeses and I think this game does them justice. The graphics on the sandwiches are cool and I love how toasty they get. Plus you get to make fries and the toppings are easy to do.

3. Papa’s Hot Doggeria

This game is in a baseball stadium and that part is incorporated so well. You get to decorate the restaurant with things from your favorite team. The food is fun to make but still slightly complex as you make hot dogs, popcorn, and drinks. The minigames are themed after baseball and the overall vibe is great.

2.  Papa’s Freezeria

This game is only second because I think it’s hard to make the food look amazing. In every other aspect though, this game is perfect. You make milkshakes and decorate them with whipped cream and toppings like sprinkles. It’s a classic with some fun extras that make the game truly better than the rest. Gameplay is pretty easy and you don’t have to wait too long for any one thing.

1. Papa’s Cupcakeria

My opinion might be skewed on this but I love this game with all my heart. You make cupcakes, bake and frost them, then decorate them. I have played this since I was young and am past level 100. I think it is the perfect combination of fun and complex with fun holidays and amazing decorations. I get that the frosting is hard to perfect but when you make a beautiful cupcake it just feels so amazing.

All photos credited to Flipline Studios